Sunday, September 28, 2008

NORMALCY!!

If someone said to me that living a normal life was as simple as water and electricity, I would have laughed. However, after 14 days without power, I was so happy for a normal day!! One with power!! Eating out gets old! Running a loud generator got even older. ...and the mosquitos are large and plentiful!
After power came, I found ( like everyone else in Kingwood) I had the need to cook in my kitchen, bake in my oven, and vacuum my house! Thus, a clean home, with home cooked food. I have to tell you that when the tree trucks (by the dozens) and the Center Point Energy trucks arrived in Kingwood, there were cheers and clapping as they went by. The men in the trucks were waving, like our saviors!! Thank you God, and the electric company.

This morning in church, they discussed a program called 28 minutes for 40 days. 28 minutes a day in reading the New Testament for 40 days, and you should be finished. Mark and I are going to try it.. I started this afternoon with Matthew and the "begats..." Keep posted.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

How is the reading coming?